Founded in 1927 by Giuseppe and Bruno Bambi, La Marzocco had its beginnings in Florence, Italy, birthplace of the Italian Renaissance and home to such geniuses as Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo who created some of the most celebrated works of art in the world. Today, La Marzocco has earned a world-renowned reputation for making beautiful, high quality, superbly crafted and uniquely designed espresso machines, with great attention to detail.
With Australia being a key and influential market, we have our main operations based in Abbotsford, Melbourne, and a sister site in Botany, Sydney. La Marzocco is a Great Place to Work certified. Our purpose is quite simple; to persevere in the manufacturing of the finest in class specialty coffee equipment while encompassing people, heritage, technology, design and a spirit of sustainability in business.
About the role
Due to significant growth, La Marzocco Australia has an immediate opportunity for an outgoing, proactive, professional yet ‘not-too-corporate’ Guest Relations. This role is based out of our premises in Abbotsford, Melbourne.
In this role, you will be responsible for hosting our customers during their visit into our showroom whilst ensuring a unique experience through warm hospitality. The Guest Relations is part of our broader dynamic structure with a pivotal contribution to the success of the company. Be a part of a global La Marzocco team leading innovation and design across the coffee industry.
This is a full – time role working from Monday to Friday between 8am-4pm and the successful applicant will have a focus on the following:
- Being the first point of contact for our customers and attending to enquiries as those come through various channels
- Elevating experience, value, and service to drive added engagement towards LMA
- Supporting the showroom experience for our partners
- Assisting with events hosting with the La Marzocco touch
- Seeking opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and overall experience.
- Present engaging and knowledgeable experiences across La Marzocco equipment
- Ability to handle queries of La Marzocco products.
- Conducting insightful education to enhance all visitors’ experience
- Ability to prioritise whilst maintaining efficiency and professionalism
Directly reporting to the Infrastructure Manager this role is focusing on brand experience through collaboration and initiative. As a Guest Relations, you will need to demonstrate:
- Passionate about all things coffee and hospitality
- Excellent customer service with a track record exceeding client expectations in a dynamic service environment
- Impeccable presentation and communication skills both written and verbal
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite and high level keyboarding skills.
- High EQ and ability to build and grow lasting relationships
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem – solving and ‘outside the box’ thinking
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within a team
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude and eagerness to ‘roll up the sleeves’ when necessary
- Specialty coffee experience will be considered as an advantage
- Inherent desire to progress
At a more personal level, we are looking for someone who is flexible and adaptable to change, someone who is result-focused but who also has a genuine appreciation of the team and the contribution of others. We seek someone with an inherent ability to put themselves in other people’s shoes and who can translate challenges into successes.
Why it’s great to work with us
- Suitably rewarded with a competitive remuneration package
- Amazing work culture and team
- Wellbeing program which include a Live Well funding and monthly massages.
- Location within an Inner-City Melbourne suburb with multiple public transport links
- Strong values and inherent core qualities.
- Access to some of the best specialty coffee in the market
- A day off on your birthday
- Everyday access to most innovative equipment in the coffee industry
- Actively supporting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
La Marzocco is an inclusive and diverse workplace. We respect and value our people irrespective of race, colour, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, national origin or family status. All applications are treated on merit and based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our practices in gender equality, flexible working, mental health & wellbeing and LGBTQIA+ encourage creativity and foster an innovative organisational spirit through openness and inclusiveness. It’s an environment where we welcome, celebrate and seek out diversity within our business, our customers and the wider community.
Above all, we promote a culture where everyone feels safe, supported and respected – and we have a great time doing it!
For any questions about the role please contact our friendly People & Culture department via email firstname.lastname@example.org or hit the apply button now.
If our opportunity interests you, submit your resume and cover letter HERE. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated in confidence.