A recipe from Califia Farms and The Nourished Chef
For a deliciously dairy-free chocolate treat why not try making this Easter egg nest mud cake recipe from Califia Farms and The Nourished Chef?
The Nourished Chef, Clarissa Kocovski, has been curating and recipe developing low carb, gluten and dairy free recipes for the past six years. Recently, she has been inspired to embrace plant-based living and has adapted this philosophy throughout her recipes. She hopes by showcasing the true ingredients she uses and sharing her recipes will educate and inspire home cooks.
2 Cups Califia Farms Vanilla Oat Milk
2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
⅔ Cup Coconut Oil (melted)
2 Medium Bananas (mashed)
2 Heaped Cups All Purpose Flour
1 ⅓ Cups Granulated Sweetener of choice
1 Cup Cocoa Powder
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Salt
1 Cup Vegan Butter (softened)
3 Cups Powdered Sweetener of choice
⅔ Cup Cocoa Powder
⅓ Cup Vegan Chocolate (melted)
¼ Cup Califia Farms Vanilla Oat Milk
- Preheat oven to 175C. Line two x 20cm round springform cake tins.
- To a bowl, add the vanilla oat milk and vinegar. Set aside for five minutes. Add the coconut oil and mashed banana. Using a hand or stand mixer, beat until foamy. Set aside.
- Into a second bowl, sift all the remaining dry ingredients. Slowly add the wet mixture while beating. Beat until no large lumps remain. Divide batter evenly between cake tins.
- Bake for 25 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, for the frosting, beat all ingredients until light and fluffy, adding the powdered sweetener in small amounts. If too thick, add more vanilla oat milk. If too thin, add more cocoa powder.
- Generously layer a thick serving of frosting between the top and bottom cake layers, the on top. Scatter your favourite dairy-free Easter eggs and treats. Enjoy!